Time is an Illusion (but an illusion necessary to the rubric)

As I had addressed in my storyboard post, I may have been too ambitious in all the shots I wanted to include in my opening. After further deliberation, I have made a backup storyboard shortening the film opening.





The scenes I have chosen to include are the in the house and the transition to the red room within the space ship. My reason for cutting out the final few shots while the character is listening to their mother's voice message is that as much as the audio gives some context to the story, it doesn't have as much substance and the shock factor that the first two parts do. The visual context clues in the first scenes are sufficient in introducing the setting and main character and even subtle aspects of the parts revealed in the later parts. On top of that, the holes in the plot make the audience want to know more. Why is she in space? Where is her family? Where is she in space? What's happening to the Earth? These generate interest in the story. By giving less to the audience, they want to find out more and continue to watch.


Comments