Film Day 2 (The War Continues)

Hello! Filming day 2 was a complete success in getting all the shots needed to finish up the film opening! :D I'm very satisfied with the work I got done.



First thing I wanted to share with you from filming is an updated set design because I wanted to move some more contextual props into the general filming area. I put in the NASA sign, a polaroid picture I had taken at the Kennedy Space Center the day before (I know, a perfectly planned trip before filming a science fiction movie), my Interstellar poster, some Apollo mission patches, a poster for the S.O.S.I. mission, and space books.





For the most part, I had won over my technology by preparing for all the possible problems that had happened last week. However, I did have some issues as my phone CONTINUOUSLY refused to take video and save it into the phone, despite there being plenty of space in it (I spent an entire DOLLAR on buying more space in my iCloud, and yet my iPhone refused to iWork).

For the rest of the footage, I had to use my friend's iPhone (without Filmic Pro) to shoot the final shots of the film. Visually I didn't detect any changes in quality, but you will surely hear of my panic attack on here if I do see it while editing.

Google drive, as wonderful as Google is for giving us amazing "free" programs in exchange for selling my entire search history (which at this point consisted of mostly "Why isn't my phone working?". Will expect some ads of phone repair services quite soon), was giving me MAJOR issues in uploading the videos. I had left it uploading all night and yet when I woke up, it had only uploaded half the videos and then another couple was missing as a whole. Eventually, I was able to get everything on there after a couple hours and banging my head on the wall. 

One of my actors, Joey, who plays the brother in the film also dyed his hair a browner color so they actually look more like siblings. If I were to make an Oscar speech I would definitely use my short amount of time to thank his hair for its service. 

The next step would be editing and probably recording some foley sounds to enhance the audio! Will update you of that soon :-)


Comments