One Man's Trash, MY treasure

It is time to get ready for production! One of my main concerns is creating the necessary props to make the art direction the best it could possibly be, as it usually is in Sci-Fi films.



I came across this video which showed how this production team created an entire futuristic city out of objects like computer parts and Christmas decorations. Inspired by this, I went and destroyed a few electronics of my own.

What at first glance appears to be an organized layout of some garbage, will actually become essential parts of my model space ship and technological props.

As expressed in the last blog posting here, my space explorer will have to go through extensive, daily health checks to ensure that they have not become ill and that all body parts are working properly.


Upon investigating my different parts, I have found some specific uses for certain ones. The bottom part of the mouse, with a skinny hollowed out space, can serve as a sort of finger scanner to possibly check blood pressure, radiation levels, etc. Regarding other technology, the outside casing of the Bell & Howell pest repeller can work great as a wall or machine fixture to talk into. The remote control parts can work universally for any fancy technology, with, of course, tons of confusing and probably useless buttons.

I'm not crystal clear on what I want to do with the rest of the parts; most likely they will be used as decoration or in the building of the miniature ship.

However, as I make more updates on my construction of props and part of the set, I will be sure to document the incorporation of these objects in a future post. 


Comments