Starting The End Before The Beginning


While I await the re-shoot day later on this week to correct all the messed up shots and revive lost footage, as mentioned in my last blog post, I have decided to work on the very final space shot of the film. I've included a little speedpaint of part of the process I went through to edit the shot.

I used a program called Paint Tool Sai and a drawing tablet to complete the image (I do not have the godly patience required to draw on a computer using a mouse). In the video, I adjusted the filter on the small transparent of the space ship in order to adjust the colors and contrast of the lighting to my liking. 

I also applied the thirds rule to make a more interesting composition rather than just placing the ship in the middle. It also left space for me on the left to place the title and part of the opening credits! 

And finally: here is the final shot!


Pretty good for a piece of junk on a black background with a bunch of dots on it!

I also individually saved a PNG transparent of the ship itself and the background separately in case I want to animate it moving to the side slightly.

Now to shoot with actual humans!

Comments