How the Mise-en-scene basically created itself

I had decorated my room the way that it is when I was in 6th grade and it hasn't changed since. Thank goodness I have the bedroom of an 11-year-old aspiring astronaut.



 Most of the filming would be done in this area where the bed is. The window right by the bed should make for some nice natural lighting. The stuffed animals, light blue colored walls, the string lights, the pictures hanging on the wall, the teen novels and school textbooks all contribute to the fact it is a teenager's room.


On top of those visual clues telling the age and maturity of the character, certain aspects of the room actually foreshadow the future plot twist of the actual setting of the main character in space. For example, there is the NASA sign, the star garland, the sci-fi movie posters (star wars and interstellar), and the stick on glow in the dark stars and planets. I will make more of them visible in certain shots of the film. I will also print out a poster for recruitment for the S.O.S.I. right by the bed. 




















I am also planning on putting some broken parts of the machine on the desk and models of space ships to further emphasize her interest in S.T.E.M. through its discreet presence.

Mise-en-scene is essential in giving context through visual clues and I plan to utilize whatever I can to say more and have the characters talk less.  

Comments