Presenting: The FIREFLY7080

Finally completed the physical model of the spacecraft today!




Here is the beautiful product next to its original sketch! 

I had first created the bottom portion by cutting and sanding down a styrofoam ball. Then, in order to make it appear more metallic, I had used tin foil to wrap it around the shape. In fact, the tin foil material texture makes an appearance on some actual spacecrafts.



Related image
The Viking Satellite
Pieces of Multi Layer Insulation protects the telescope. They look like ordinary household aluminum foil.
The Hubble Space Telescope












     I then painted it a brown-bronze color with acrylic paint. I had used little pieces of broken technology to add some other details to it. I had put a bottle cap and an empty film container for the top part. A paper disk is put on the top to act as a satellite and a wire with blue paper and hot glue is used to make the solar panels.

I am excited to do my final shot with this small model! With the right lighting and placement, it should look like a real space ship. 

Comments