Hardcore Hot Glue Crafting + Scheduling Conflicts

The construction of the octagonal room has officially commenced. I have bought a couple of white foam boards to construct the side walls of the structure which I have posted the layout for in this blog posting. Time to put my hard hat on and do some rigorous hot gluing. 


This video shows my first steps in construction which involved just gluing down the shorter side of the foam boards together at an angle. Because some of the foam boards did not match up perfectly well with each other, I then painted over some of the evident hot glue in between them with white acrylic paint.




After the first three were glued together, I glued three more on top to make the structure look taller (once upright, it would make it wider in reality).



Finally, the first wall was complete and I had repeated the process for the second wall.

This set design is an essential portion of my art direction to create an unnatural environment that would not be familiar to the viewer. It is meant to cause a feeling of confusion and disconnection with the setting of the scene in which this is used, which will assist in giving off anxious and unnerving emotions. How many people have been in a cramped octagonal room their entire lives anyway?


Moving on from the building of the space ship set, I had originally planned to film the scene tomorrow, however, because my main actress had gotten sick, I cannot begin filming as early as I had wished. Although this is definitely going to give me less time to edit and fix any mistakes, I will attempt to still remain productive this week in anything I can accomplish besides filming.   

Comments