You Art What You Eat

Having a lot of free time on my hands (although I've spent most of the time freaking out about the lack of progress I'm making with this project), I have been spending a lot of time consuming different media.


Yes, Joey did dye his hair neon green so his hair in my drawings will be that from now on.


And then, I came across this post on my Instagram feed.



CREDIT TO THE ARTIST: @ANDYJPIZZA

After seeing this, I immediately exited the app and decided to stop looking at the described "snackable social content".

Here are some of my favorite pieces that I have seen throughout the past week.


1. WATCHED GOOD WILL HUNTING FOR THE FIRST TIME

Image result for good will hunting


I watched Good Will Hunting for the very first time this week and wow... it has to be one of my favorite movies now. 

What I took away from the movie was that a good story can come from anywhere! My teacher had told me this before, but I definitely saw her statement in full effect in this film. If I distanced myself from how amazing the movie was by the end of it, the story in itself started off from something minuscule (him solving a physics problem on a chalkboard at his work where he was a janitor). I don't have to make something really deep or dramatic to make a nice story.


2. HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE (lots of hunt this week)

Image result for hunt for the wilderpeople

I adore Taika Waititi !!! He is one of my favorite directors, and I love the way he incorporates dry humor to stories and creates such genuine and sincere films. There is such a subtle awkwardness that is so humorous that he often creates and I love. The characters he writes are also always full of such personality. Ugh, I love his films!


3. VEWN


Vewn is a channel on youtube owned by one creator that creates short animated videos. I love their style and how dynamic it is! They are not afraid to exaggerate camera angles to create interesting compositions. 


My personal favorite of theirs is Cat City. I notice some experimental aspects of their films with the sporadic narrative structures and sometimes, a lack thereof.

4. CORPSE BRIDE

Image result for corpse bride

Rewatched one of the classics!! Corpse Bride is my favorite Tim Burton production. What I love about the Corpse Bride is, like Hunt of the Wilderpeople, its use of humor. However, they utilize clever humor in a different way than Taika's film. They use humor to lighten up what is otherwise a quite dark story.

----------------------------

I would say the past week has been a good week of media consumption!

Tomorrow I will be figuring out exactly how we are going to continue production in this upcoming week. I will keep you posted and I hope we figure things out once and for all.

Comments