I Wish It Was Not Corona Time.

THE CORONA VIRUS HAS ME AND JOEY LOOKING LIKE A COUPLE OF CLOWNS!!!!!

Sophie (our main actress) has suffered from the COVID-19 paranoia as her parents are too nervous about her leaving the house. This leaves us to postpone our film or recast in the next two days which sounds impossible :-(

Upon talking with our other classmates as well, it really seems like the coronavirus has taken something away from all of us. Some of them were planning on filming at school, which is inaccessible to us now. And many of us now can't get our necessary equipment from Becon TV (as I talked about in my last blogpost). And my other actors and actresses are participating in social distancing as well because of their parents.

Joey and I had our own little freakout session today about the project, so much so that we have considered our other options... which... should there even be thoughts like this right now? Probably not, but the future looks like a black hole and we are trying to find some possible light in this dark situation.

Sophie, ironically, had shown me this wonderful short film called "The Lost Breakfast" with a simple animation style, quirky sound bites, and an experimental sort of narrative. It tells of the dangers of living a mundane life and being stuck in routine. I absolutely loved it, being a lover of animation and an aspiring animator myself.


Here are some of my favorite stills from the short.




As much as I love and adore animation as a mode of storytelling through motion pictures, creating animation is a whole other story. But, I got to say, typically the work is worth it to complete a certain style for the final product. However, the workload is still extremely stressful and can be really redundant. 

Can we create one in two weeks? Maybe, if we slowly killed ourselves with exhaustion while trying I could, but this doesn't sound like the greatest idea. 

I don't think that this far into our planning process is the best time to be changing ideas, but maybe we have to? This whole coronavirus debacle has our heads in a twist and we have no idea what the future holds for us. I despise the thought of us having to rush something like this portfolio project that we care so much about, but I'm not sure about anything anymore.

Perhaps tomorrow will bring us some good news, anything at all would sound great right now. I hope I can post a blog post tomorrow saying "Hey! Everything is fine!". I hate Corona Time.

As for now, I will be posting the completed storyboard sometime tomorrow in case filming for Tuesday goes back on :(

Comments