Its Corona Time.

Image result for its corona time
a meme from I'm guessing the early 2010s but obviously used in a very different context now

NOTE: This blog post details chronologically my roller coaster of madness caused by the coronavirus. Please excuse my abrupt changes in tone and attitude.

COVID-19 is RUINING MY LIFE!!!! For a virus with the same name as a beer, it sure isn't one for giving anyone a good time. I was to pick up camera equipment and such from BECON TV, a Broward Schools production/communications organization. However, this devilish virus is threatening to shut down the county, which would shut down the facility that is in cahoots with it!!!!

UPDATE:

This is my writing later this wonderful Friday. The Broward School County is shut down. Curse you Corona!!!

This definitely sets us back a little bit. We're gonna have to look into getting equipment another way (I hope not purchasing :$). 

If everything does not go our way, our other option would be to film on one of our phones. Although our phone cameras aren't of terrible quality (Thank you, Apple), I would much prefer to film on a camera, especially because I want to film with a specific aspect ratio. I had purchased an app last year called Filmic Pro that gave me a lot of advanced features that helped during filming. Perhaps I should revisit it in case we won't be able to get our hands on another camera :( 

ANOTHER UPDATE:



THERE IS A GOD! (or some kind of higher being or maybe this is pure luck/coincidence I don't know religion is complicated).

I revisited Filmic Pro and goodness this app is a lifesaver.

The app has an option to film in a 2.39:1 aspect ratio! Although cinemascope has a 2.33:1 aspect ratio, I don't think I should be a stickler about things like that in a time like this. 

It also has an option to film in 4k quality (which I did not even know was possible with an iPhone camera).

Although using a camera would have put me a little more at ease if filmic pro is our last bet it should do the trick. Now is the time for compromise I suppose.

Comments