GRAPHIC DESIGN IS MY PASSION

Coronavirus updates have been brought upon us! We will be going back to school on April 15th supposedly; can't say I'm too excited but I'm glad to have any plan to do anything at this point. School will continue online after our spring break, starting the 30th. I have to say though, I do miss being with my classmates and talking to them in person about our projects. Our online meeting was still almost just as fun though!

Now, into the project relevant content.

Image result for graphic design is my passion

I love design. Figuring out the shape, the color, the font, the everything of an image of any media really brings me so much joy.

For the website we are going to have to eventually create, we will be using Wix to build our website because it's a platform I am well versed in! I had actually created a website with Wix when I was about 10 years old about how much I loved Adventure Time, but the URL has since been lost (as in it is too embarrassing for me to put out there like that).

To build a website with less stress, we need a template with what I call good bones. You could say a template with a good foundation, but it is just not as fun. Therefore, I have been looking into some website templates that have those strong bones that we could use when building our website.

Here are my three favorites at the moment!

FILM COMING SOON


sidebar

This one is ironically called "Film Coming Soon"I like how it has social media links, a place for the key art right when someone lands on the page, and a direct way to watch the trailer. However, I wish there was more for me to customize on the page other than just those two. 

MOVIE SITE



Sorry, please excise the inconsistencies in the screenshots. What I liked about this was that it shows the film festival features as well as the reviews for the film, which are important selling points when marketing a film. This one also has space for a synopsis right below the trailer!

SCIENCE DOCUMENTARY




This one is my favorite one out of my top three! This had what the first and second templates had, and even more! 

This page had added in movements with the graphics they used on the page, which allowed for it to be more engaging to the user. The social media was constant on the side of the screen at all times, making it more accessible. Additionally, they used the people who worked on it as additional selling points and provided more background information on the film. The only thing to add the site would be an email newsletter and it would be perfect!

Although my top three templates, for now, are all made for film marketing, I would love to find a template with good bones that simply has a nice design and is engaging for the user.

Comments