Second Day + Sophie's Videos

We got all of Sophie's videos last night! Her little brother is adorable! I gave her some little feedback and requested some specific ones from her just in case but overall, of course, she did a phenomenal job!!! Sophie if you are reading this, I love and appreciate everything you did to help with our project!



What an ABSOLUTE cutie!!!

Sophie's brother plays Animal Crossing on the switch so I will be paying him a visit in the game with many gifts for him next time I get a chance.

Today is our second day of filming technically, as our first day was an absolute failure. But, everything went alright today for the most part!

Here are some highlights:

TECHNOLOGY HATES US!!!

We did face a problem this morning after Joey received his wonderful, shiny, red iPhone 8!



We were set to film and went to set up the audio when we realized we completely disregarded the fact that the new iPhones do not have a HEADPHONE JACK!!!



I was so mad! I was ready to stuff the headphone jack into the charger hole in pure agony. Ah but alas Joey's friend had a neighbor who had one of those dongle things (I hate the word dongle so much). He was able to bike over and deliver it to us. Thank you Joey's friend for saving the day!



Besides that, the only issue that my phone had given me was how it always seemed to be out of storage no matter what I deleted! I had gotten rid of all of my apps except for Filmic Pro, deleted every image from my phone, but I still received the notification: Out of Storage.



I remember facing the exact issue last year with my AS level project too. Some things never change.

DISAPPOINTINGLY UNTALENTED

There's something Joey has always said about me that has always held true:

I am good at doing very difficult things and bad at doing very simple things.

One of these simple things is... blowing balloons. I had discovered how terrible I was at it today as we had to create them for the birthday scene.




BEING A COUPLE OF TRICKSTERS

We had to create a couple of visual illusions in the film to make sure we can get certain shots that we wanted! I thought it would be cool to document them here to show you how we did certain shots.

The first illusion we had to do was to show Marco (the younger sibling) holding the cup. Now we couldn't actually do this, because he was to be animated in and its a little difficult to animate a real cup with his character.

So we made this little set up to trick the camera.



Using this, we were able to get this shot! His hands will be animated around what appears in this video as a floating cup and his lap will be drawn under it.



I then had to do a shot from under the table, holding the cup slightly above the frame. Joey's house has a lot of dog hair everywhere because 



A little shaky but, we have to what we have to do!

------------


We still have a little bit more to film; just took a small break to write this blogpost down! I will get back to bossing Joey around <3


Comments