Going a Different Direction and The Storyboard

I feel like I should address how Joey and I completely backtracked from the path we were going on towards an experimental film.

The main reason is, that we were simply uninspired by anything person to create something that completely depended on our own personal vision. I would really love to make an experimental film, but after choosing a direction for our project that was still loosely based on our original story, it didn't make much sense to completely change our idea to accommodate an experimental film style. We definitely still learned a lot of techniques and were encouraged by our research of Maya Deren that we can still make films without much money or tools, and rather with creativity.

We just didn't have the heart for it I guess. I'm sure we can make one in the future, just not for this project.











Goodbye to our experimental film passions! May we see you again for another project!







Anyways, the storyboard is DONE! I really enjoyed making it as it is my favorite part of any filmmaking process!

Here are the boards! Some of them are just discreet images of what only I can recognize (my hand got lazier the more boards I drew).



The shots outlined in pink with the light pink colored person are the ones for Sophie to film parts for. The light pink person represents her brother in the film. 

I will send these off to Sophie to create and Joey and I will get started on the rest of the film!

Also, here are some questionably drawn boards that made Joey and I laugh:

spiderman

floating head

an even more abstract spiderman

CAW!!!!

Want a higher quality pdf of the boards? Click here!


And I updated the song of the week! This week it is Mr. Blue by Catherine Feeny.

Comments