GROWING PAINS.

We have finished the script! And we came up with a title for the film:


The story surrounds Charlie, the older sibling, reflecting on growing up with their younger sibling, Marco. Marco always wanted to be just like Charlie and looked up to him (reflecting Joey's relationship with his own brother and my brother's relationship with me). Through an incident surrounding the Spiderman mug that Marco receives for his birthday, Marco learns about individuality and the value of innocence. 

There is also a major age difference between Marco and Charlie, Like Joey and his siblings.

We will be showing the transition between the times through mise-en-scene elements like changes in costume and subtle changes in the scenery. And, we will be doing these transitions mainly through graphic matches and/or sound bridges.

The older voice of Marco will be done by my brother and the older sibling will never be fully shown in the film, and the younger voice will be done by Sophie's brother.

As Joey and I make the transition into adulthood (Joey turns 18 this Sunday ;-)), it was refreshing to be able to put our own fears about growing up but also our yearning for adulthood in this piece.

With the disappointing lack of progress we made this week, I'm glad we at least got to finish this so I could get to storyboarding the film and then filming and animating! The production process is going to be tight but I believe in us.

ALSO, I know I did not update the song last post, my bad. Anyways, for this week it is Ricky Baker's Birthday Song from Hunt for the Wilderpeople. I plan on making Joey his own version of the song since his name has the same amount of syllables as Ricky Baker. 

Comments