Falling Behind

In short, Joey and I were basically brain dead all week trying to find out a cohesive story until now. We've been facetiming for a majority of the week trying to brainstorm together, but until about a couple hours ago, we had nothing.


So to generate ideas about the story we had to reflect on our own relationship with our siblings.

JOEY'S SIBLINGS


Joey is the youngest sibling in his family, and they have quite an age gap between each sibling (a whole 8 years, nearly a decade)! So when Joey was born, his oldest sister was already 16 and his older brother is 8. Because of this tremendous age gap between them, Joey never felt like he was very close to either of them. They also lead different lives, as Jaime grew up entirely with their father, Tyler experienced the divorce when he was a teenager, and Joey when he was a kid, living most of his life with his mom. He told me he found it difficult to relate to them because of the differences in all of their upbringings.

Joey mainly looked up to his older brother, Tyler, and told me he always wanted to be like him and do everything that he did.


ME AND MY SIBLING

Unlike Joey, I have quite a small age gap between me and my brother. I found that the most major difference in my relationship with my little brother and Joey's relationship with his older siblings is that Joey's relationship with his siblings grew better over time and I got more distant with my brother as he got older. I remember that my brother used to hang out with me when we were both younger, but not as much now. I don't even like going in his room now because he is going through puberty so it smells weird.

I'm also the eldest sibling, so our experiences also differ in that sense. 

OTHER MISCELLANEOUS INSPIRATION: THE CUP

We also decided to have the story be surrounded by an interaction with an object/objects which I had mentioned before. We had decided on a mug, but what kind of mug? A Spiderman mug.

This would restrict most of the interactions between our characters to one setting of the kitchen so we wouldn't have to film in different locations.




Without further ado, here is the outline for our story.


OUTLINE:

Sibling starts packing 
You see college box somewhere in frame 
Pick up kids cracked mug 
Turn around to see scene 
Mug given as gift to kid for birthday (yay we get to use a lot of the props we bought :D)
Sibling drink liquor out of mug 
Kid finds them 
Sibling says like don’t tell mum or something like that
Late that night sibling hears banging downstairs
Siblings walks downstairs to see kid trying to get mug
Kid trying to get mug to also drink liquor 
sibling sees them 
They drop mug 
They glue mug together 
High angle of siblings putting mug in goodwill box 
Hear sibling as an adult saying the closing statement 

Comments