In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream

But we're in a spaceship and not a vacuum, so the audience CAN

The time has come to edit the audio of the film. 

And alas, I have come across an issue that is that the audio of my videos seems far too quiet to suffice for a quality film. Therefore I have gone out of my way to convert every video file into an audio one, and then using the "amplify" effect on an application called audacity, I was able to increase the decibel levels loud enough! Hurray for audible audio!

Additionally, I have been searching for some royalty free, public domain ambiance sounds to help enhance the atmosphere of the film. I have been visiting a website called freesound.org and they have a whole selection of public domain sounds! Although one of my sounds that were airplane ambiance was under the attribution license, so here is the link to the creator! 
https://freesound.org/people/SeanSecret/sounds/251653/
The audio clip was used during the entire spaceship sequence to add some white noise and my first thought was how an airplane was as close as I was going to get to "casual spaceship inside noises".

I really believe audio is what is going to hold my entire piece together and have it flow in a natural way. Can't wait to get this done!

Comments