Being a mirror and reflecting on the past

Oh what a nerve-wracking, stressful, but all around worth-it ride, it has been to be making this film opening. 

I had genuinely enjoyed the research and planning portion of the project. Although it was at times it was difficult to make sure that everything was completely ready and hard to take that jump from this process into the production, I do believe without all of the work done for research and planning I would have not been able to accomplish anything that I have with the film. 

I also have gained a large amount of respect for filmmakers everywhere. I never realized how hard it is to do this alone, or even with a small number of people. To think of a concept, and try to execute it visually and auditorily in the best way possible is much more stress provoking than I thought it was going to be. Having to think every possible thing in this story and universe one has created all on your own seems like so much, and it is, but so much fun at the same time. Filmmakers are storytellers, artists, directors, even construction workers sometimes (ahem, the wall of foam I've created). 

As someone who wants to go into the entertainment, media producing industry, I've learned of all the work that must go into making any kind of production. I will be sure to carry the lessons I've learned in how to tell a story and make people feel into my future endeavors. Goodbye for now.


Comments