New Year, Same Blog, Different Level (now featuring an absence of the s)

HELLO!


Welcome back to my media studies blog, documenting my experiences and thoughts in completing the final portfolio assignment for this course.

For all of my posts up to now, I have been posting about the project I completed for the AS level in which I created the short film opening "AFAR", a story of a girl in space who longs to return to planet Earth and see her loved ones. This project had challenged my abilities to create using little resources and really forced me to think critically and creatively to effectively tell a story of my own design.

I'm ready to take all that I have learned from AFAR and apply it. I'm happy to say that I have finally dropped the 's'!

A level Media has been my favorite course of my senior year. We have worked on a multitude of projects like our brand identity project, in which we had to brand ourselves as media creators, and our documentary segment, in which we learned about the creation and conventions of documentary film-making to then make one of our own on a topic of our choosing. It has been a fun time being able to take all the knowledge I had gained last year about the basics of filmmaking, visual analysis, and the media industry on all of the media products we have created thus far.

Being in AS level, I felt like I always wanted to do more than what I was doing, my ambition urging me to do more and more with all that I had learned. I'm glad to say that A level has given me an opportunity to do that, as well as even further develop my knowledge of media, allowing me to be an even better artist and storyteller every time I come to class. I also believe that my fellow classmates have and I have chosen to take the higher media level because we really are passionate and care about what we are doing, and some of us even want to pursue media in the future (including me!). Having this amazing group of motivated, creative people around me in the A level course has been a huge contrast from the environment I was in last year in the lower level.

I'm very excited to share with you my new understandings of how to create great works of media as I go about this new endeavor. Goodbye, for now!


Comments